State Representative Lauren Melo
Lauren Melo, elected November 2020 to her first term as Florida State Representative for District 80, is a conservative Republican, who supports our President, and will fight to protect our Second Amendment rights, honor our veterans, cut bureaucratic red tape, and grow the economy. Born and raised in Naples, Florida, she is the proud mom of three, and has been active in our community for years. Lauren is a businesswoman who has flourished in a variety of fields. In 1991, she started her own trucking company, which she grew from a single truck into a large fleet, at one point managing more than one hundred trucks. She still has her commercial driver’s license, and to this day owns the original truck she used to start the company.
Today, Lauren owns a real estate brokerage firm she steered to success, even facing a personal health challenge, a year and a half battle with breast cancer, while never taking a break from her management role. During this difficult time, she also faced sending her son overseas to Afghanistan on his first combat deployment in the Army.
Today Lauren’s brokerage firm remains successful, her health is strong, and her son has returned safely home to the area now as a combat veteran.
A lifetime of Service:
- President, Naples Area Board of REALTORS®
- Board of Directors, Florida Association of REALTORS®
- Board of Directors, National Association of REALTORS®
- Board of Directors, HELP, housing, education, lending, programs
- Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer
- President, Naples Seahorse Riding Club
- Board of Directors, Southwest Florida Truckers Association